Pages

Monday, October 2, 2023

Week 1: Intro to Photojournalism

Hi, I'm Scarlett. The main purpose of this blog is to showcase my assignments for my Intro to Photojournalism class. However, I might occasionally post photos that aren't for any specific assignment. 

Currently, I'm a journalism major at Linn-Benton Community College. Considering the fact that the average college student changes their major at least four times, that might change, but for now my goal is to become an investigative journalist of some kind. While I am most interested in the writing aspect of journalism, my past exposure to photography has shown me that it can be just as effective at telling a story. And, well, I just like pretty pictures. That's why the following might be my favorite picture I've taken:


Obviously, in the above photograph the lighting did pretty much all the work. While I did teach digital photography for two years in a row at a kids' summer camp, I was assigned the role mainly because it was empty, and not because I possessed a wealth of expertise. However, over the course of those two summers I did learn the basics in order to make sure the kids got something out of the class, so I've got that going for me lol. 

My three goals for this class are:

1. Learn the technical basics of photography such as angles, lighting, etc. 
2. Get over my fear of taking pictures in public.
3. Learn how to take pictures that tell a story, as opposed to just looking pretty. 

Finally, here are three photos I took over the past week. 

       An LB student tunes out distractions to focus on          Two SLC members show off their 
       homework in the courtyard. September 27, 2023          remaining donut. September 27, 2023

     Three LB students with varying facial expressions traverse the courtyard. September 27, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and leave a comment down below :)